The ‘secret’ is out. The honeymoon is over. We called it political chicanery but they rebutted us harshly. The cat is out of the bag. It‘s going to be messy before it gets messier.
If you‘re from feet of the snowcapped Mt.Kenya and you critiqued locally domiciled status quo, you were called a RailaMan. Lately, if you oppose BBI you are called a RutoMan. But as I’ve said since BBI1, it is all neither about Ruto nor Raila. Nope. It is all exactly about truths and honesty; it is just being intuitive and instinctive. Whatever robotic perceptions perpetrated by forces of malice, we say time is the best ally.
As I sip my home-roasted sizzling coffee, enjoying a healthy sundowner breeze from the windward valleys, let me give 10 reasons from a leeward vintage point facing Mount Kenya.
1. If only for the umpteenth time, to reiterate that BBI is a ruse, a deception, and fraud is to simply restate t obviously. ODM is not complaining about BBI content. What is their EXACT complaint?!
2. The cat is out of the bag. ODM has been shortchanged on BBI money. Yes, they are complaining about sharing unaccounted-for-loot of taxpayers’ money! Do they deserve our sympathies? Of course, they should only get our wrath, because ‘mwiba ya kujidunga hauna pole’ na ‘asiyesikia la mkuu huvujika guu’. ‘Sikio la kufa husikia dawa’, sio?
3. Is Raila being betrayed by Uhuru? Of course yes, and justifiably so. Did Raila ever expect to be anointed by the man he snubbed in 2002? I support Uhuru in this case because he has been clear and consistent handshake was never about 2022. In fact, of the largely abortive BBI 9-points, none is about Uhuru Succession.
4. Is Raila right to complain that GiDi is being imposed? No, he is wrong. Uhuru is right to return a hand to Arap Moi. It‘s an open secret that the Kenyatta-Moi agreement lives on. For Uhuru to betray his mentor Arap Moi would be the height of ingratitude. It’s wholly unfair to begrudge Uhuru for being indebted to Moi‘s undivided endorsement when Raila led KANU rabid loyalists away.
5. Is ODM entitled to favors from Harambee House? No, and never while they‘ve abdicated their constitutional duties as opposition! ODM has raided and grabbed Majority (govt) slots In parliament. But ODM is not govt, they are only in discretional political cohabitation. Office of the President is just that, OFFICE OF THE INCUMBENT PRESIDENT of the REPUBLIC of Kenya.
6. Is Interior PS. Karanja Kibicho wrong to facilitate KANU chairman? No, he is not. KANU is a coalition partner in Jubilee, even offering Majority leadership in Senate. ODM shouldn‘t eat their cake and have it. It cannot happen that way. Therefore on this particular subject matter, I find myself in this unenviable position: I unequivocally support the PS. responsible for the coordination of National Government programs. Whether it is right for him to dabble in partisan politics is another issue altogether. Noteworthy, the PS works at the behest, prerogative, and pleasure of his only boss, that is PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC.
7. Is handshake viable? I invite you to carefully and patiently visit my Tweets from November 2019 to date; @wakabando. Against our hopes and aspirations, Handshake mutated to deodorant for impunity aka ‘mwosho moja’ sanitizer. Consequently, even BBI became fraudulent and deceptive. No less than Raila and Uhuru have unfailingly reasserted that Handshake was between two people. So it is UhuRao. Gradually, cumulative events and scenarios alienated even those of us who honestly believe in the parley. But credit is due – handshake ensured peace. But it, unfortunately, spurred selective war on graft while weaponizing it. In fact, many people think handshake invited new eaters of a loot. From handshake to tantrums, UhuRao has flopped.
8. What way out for Raila? I remain amongst those who still believe Tinga has a useful patriotic bullet aimed to change and prosper Kenya 🇰🇪 . But methinks this is only practical anymore if he stops his dithering, his procrastination, and posturing via surrogates and immediately gets out of the BBI shenanigans. In any case, isn‘t he directly and indirectly already saying and accepting that BBI is about emptying our public coffers and conspiracy for 2022 cartels? I always wonder, why would such a decorated reformist pour all his impeccable credentials into the drain? Agwambo can, and may, disentangle and redeem.
9. Is KANU‘s Gidi entitled to state machinery? Uhuru’s TNA had a bird as a symbol. That was not far from a Jogoo. Jubilee‘s choice color is red. That is still a famous KANU attire. In 2015, colleagues donning defunct URP colors loudly complained to those they believed had Uhuru’s the ear that the son of Jomo was spending undue evening sessions with the son of Moi. I couldn‘t understand how they expected that not to be the case. It is wrong to begrudge Gideon Moi, just like it is irrational to attack Dr. Karanja Kibicho for unstated political “crimes”. If Raila’s proxies are sincere, let them go for the jugular and face the man they are lamenting about in whispers. Dear ODM: your fury is with Uhuru. Stop being cowards. Leave innocent PS alone! And, let Gideon be. Anyone without ambitions must get out of politics. What is his fault?
10. Dear Mr. President, Sir: everything about BBI is filthy, deceptive, divisive, and fraudulent. Kindly make peace with your enemies and retire gracefully. Failure to do so with makes Moi‘s ill-advised exit plan look like a child’s play. Don‘t be lied to by crooks, or even yourself ever imagine that anyone needs you active after Tuesday 9th August 2022. Those who mean for the country, and who brutally bluntly tell you the naked truth – that “the Kingi is naked” – shouldn’t be threatened or harmed. You‘ll need their waves as you trek along with forlorn villages in coming-soon retirement life. Drop BBI and preside over democratic, peaceful transition as Mwai Kibaki did. Your friend Jakaya Kikwete did it in Tanzania. On a day that Moi’s Powerman plotted a military take over, Moi himself finally listened to wise professional advice and had you concede to Mwai Kibaki. That your Serena speech on 29th December 2002 catapulted you to greatness, elicited our admiration. Your submission 2007, and diligent loyalty until Kibaki retired elicited kind regards. And for standing up against ICC neocolonial venture you gained our support. Though your reign hasn‘t been quite inspiring both on governance and economic fronts, you’re bestowed with that sword to do good to the country. I remain optimistic that amidst fierce fallouts in your reign, you can still find it in your wisdom to embrace a new shift. Drop BBI and focus on refurbishing IEBC for credible elections 2022. Otherwise, the criminal enterprise, IEBC, that precipitated the handshake in the first place is taking our beloved country to the dogs. Politics of the cantankerous and cacophonous, of crookedness and buffoonery, of bigotry and chicanery is quickly defining this regime we installed with fervent faith and unshakable optimism. The gauntlet is on your feet. The buck stops at you. Yes, Sir!
All Kenyan of goodwill should rise and #RejectBBI and demand credible elections 2022. For in the circumstances, we are in a deep hole we can only come up and out of.
– THAGANA NÎRÛIYÛRU RÛTINGÎHINGÎRÎRIO NA GÎTENDE