The Sunday Nation in its splash today, lists 30 individuals it says faces jail but the slant and gist of the story is that they are all in DP William Ruto’s camp. Let’s for argument’s sake pretend to agree that it is a fair comment even though looked at differently, the story is designed to sow fear in UDA’s ranks and file, and also paint that side as irredeemably corrupt. “Incidentally“, a sidebar story below the splash captures ODM leader Raila Odinga saying he will ‘jail looters’ if elected. What a ‘coincidence!’
Let’s flip the bird on this story (yes, flip the bird); *almost everyone in Uhuru and Raila’s camp is mentioned in one scandal or the other.* Some of them were cleared in unclear circumstances. The list below bears this out;
1. H.E Uhuru Kenyatta – He has presided over a 9 year misrule. A serial law breaker, ignoring court orders. All major Jubilee scandals have been traced to his allies and relatives, latest being KEMSA.
2. Raila Odinga – He grew rich 1000 fold as a Prime Minister; a plethora of scandals bedeviled his reign at BP & Shell House including Pesa Kwa Vijana and the first Youth Enterprise Development Fund scandal. He runs a corruption cleansing shrine at Capitol Hill.
3. David Murathe – the shearer of all Chinese ‘wool’ is a key cog in Uhuru’s political machinery. For all the Chinese loans we complain about, part of it is Murathe’s pockets and he shares the loot with those who matter, as in matter.
4. Musalia Mudavadi – NCC Gravegate and Goldenberg scandal still hang around his neck.
5. Moses Wetangula – Dubai Prince gold and Tokyo embassy scandals are an dour he has not found a canceling cologne for.
6. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka – the NYS Land he lives on is a scandal that has been cleansed only by his position in society.
7. Anne Waiguru – the catwalker in chief leaves scandals in her trail. From NYS 1, 2 to Kirinyaga County’s woes that the senate cleansed.
8. James Orengo – As a minister for lands, he presided over the Lamu land mess including screwing up LAPSSET.
9. Junet Mohammed – NYS and all supply scandals under Jubilee even though he is an ODM legislator.
10. Dennis Waweru – As MP, the Auditor General found his watch full of CDF theft. It even cost him Nairobi governor’s seat.
11. Maina Kamanda – An ancient of days in Nairobi land grabbing sector, his CDF in Starehe always got a spotlight in Auditor General’s reports.
12. Gladys Wanga – Her Homabay Affirmative Action fund is riddled with corruption claims, and lest we forget, she was mentioned in the KEMSA scandal.
13. Johnson Sakaja – The Siasa Safi face is not as safi after all, from trading with Nairobi County when he is supposed to oversight it to colorfully being entangled in KEMSA, the young lad has his hands greased with corrupt dealings.
14. Mwangi Wa Iria – the little goon from Murangá has been chased around by EACC for most of his term as governor. Hello, KCC!
15. Hassan Joho – there’s that little matter about panadols and the very present corruption in Mombasa County.
16. Awiti of Homabay is governor in all, county and corruption in the county by the shores of Lake Victoria
17. Rasanga of Siaya – has even told aides, he’ll steal and nothing will happen to him as long as he is on Raila’s side.
18. CS Macharia – the CS of trillions with little to show for it.
19. Kabogo, the arrogant little buffalo of Kiambu – presided over corruption in Kiambu and does he know Harun Mau and Joho?
20. Cate Waruguru – the Laikipia damsel in distress whose middle name is scandals punctuated by corrupt deals.
21. Gideon Moi – the heir of Kenya’s second president is an embodiment of incompetence and swims in wealth from old corruption.
22. Francis Atwoli – the pharaoh of Kenya’s labour movement whose unexplained wealth can only be a product of cronyism.
23. Peter Kenneth – Kenya Re says jambo.
24. Charity Ngilu – What drove her to leave the ministry of lands? How did the 134 acre Karen land pan out? How is Kitui County fairing?
25. Kiraitu Murungi – Triton and Anglo – leasing.
26. JB Muturi – the story of a magistrate of old and 1 million bribe.
27. Ojaamong – the cankerworm of Busia; nothing is left in that border county.
28. Amos Kimunya – he of “I would rather die than reisgn.” Kenya never got value for money in the Laico Regency deal. On his watch at Lands and Treasury,” we saw terrible things.”
29. Richard Ngatia, whose scope of corruption is mega alongside Ngina Muthama.
30. Peter Munya – he has had his battles with EACC in his tenure in Meru, and has foul smell of corruption hovering over his watch at the Ministry of Agriculture.
31. Dr. Evans Kidero – the first man to administer a gubernatorial slap. Corruption haunts him from the now collapsed Mumias Sugar Company to his reign in Nairobi City County Government. He is still in court battling numerous graft cases.
This list can run to infinity. The long and short of it is to demonstrate that Sunday Nation’s story today is not objective journalism but a scheme in aid of political ends. Actually, most CSs, PSs, Governors and MPs supporting Uhuru and Raila are doing so to buy immunity to avoid charges and harassment from EACC and DCI.